- This event has passed.
Microsoft: Using the Edge Browser
January 18 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
Microsoft Edge is Windows’ default web browser. The new and improved Edge became the replacement for the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.
This workshop will cover the improved key features and tools within Microsoft Edge. Along with the basics of navigating with the Edge browser participants will also be able to explore and learn:
- how to create and organize favorites,
- use Collections to collect and organize information for lesson plans,
- scribble (annotate) on web captures and in-browser PDFs using markup tools,
- make use of Immersive Reader and Read Aloud features ,
- open web pages in Immersive Reader and use built-in tools such as Grammar Tools, Picture Dictionary, and Line Focus,
- and more as time allows.
- Participants must have basic computer skills
- Participants must have the Edge browser pre-installed on their device if they plan to follow along with the presenter.
An OTAN Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to those that have pre-registered and attend at least 75% of the scheduled time.
The desired outcome of every OTAN workshop is that participants will have a working understanding of the application or topics discussed and modeled.
OTAN workshops may be requested, customized, and scheduled by qualifying adult education agencies for their staff as targeted professional development.
For additional information, or to register for the online workshop, use the following link: OTAN Online Workshop registration .