Welcome to the ABout Students Regional Consortium for Adult Education website.? Our members and partners are dedicated to serving the adult student population in the region by providing support services and educational opportunities.
As a result of the AB 86 Legislation, the Riverside Region formed the ABout Students Regional Consortium for Adult Education to lead efforts in planning for regional adult education needs. It afforded the opportunity for member districts and colleges and partners to work collaboratively in planning a more unified and efficient adult education system.
The ABout Students Consortium members include:
- Alvord Unified School District,
- Corona-Norco Unified School District,
- Jurupa Unified School District,
- Moreno Valley Unified School District,
- Riverside Community College District (Norco College, Moreno Valley College, Riverside City College),
- Riverside County Office of Education,
- Riverside Unified School District and
- Val Verde Unified School District.
Consortium partnerships include participation from the
- Riverside Workforce Development Center,
- Department of Public Social Services,
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and
- Inland Desert Consortium.
The ABout Students Regional Consortium identified key guiding principles to incorporate into the regional plan. The Consortium guiding principles are:
- About Students
- Collaborative Relationships
- Collective Responsibility
- Results Driven
- Representative of all Stakeholders.
Consortium members have collaborated in creating a regional adult education system that will better serve the diverse educational goals of learners across the seven prescribed program areas.
In an effort to better serve the region, the ABout Students Regional Consortium developed four Overarching Themes to accomplish its goals.? For details on each objective, please see the Comprehensive Plan under the consortium document section.